Subject: Re: bug#7166: browse-url truncates the given url after an '&'

From: Ken Hori <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 22:36:19 -0700

Details:

$ ./src/emacs -Q

(browse-url "http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&q=emacs")
=> 0

After you evaluate it, you'll get redirected to
http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en on your primary browser because, I assume,
the original URI was somehow truncated or modified (haven't verified which).

If you type in http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=lang_en&q=emacs manually,
you'll get the expected SRP.

VERSION:

GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2010-10-06

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 10:32 AM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Ken Hori wrote:
>
>> Observed emacs-version:
>> GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
>>  of 2010-10-06
>
> Please. Give. Details.
>
> emacs -Q
> (browse-url "http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=emacs&lr=lang_en")
>
> works for me in 23.2 and the current trunk.
>