Subject: bug#71654: [PATCH] Fix display-buffer-override-next-command

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 18:53:08 -0300

No need for any mode, just

- M-S-:  (setq display-buffer-overriding-action (cons #'ignore nil))
RET      ;; Eval
- C-x 4 4   ;;  (other-window-prefix)
- C-x C-f  ;; (find-file)

and you should already see the error.

After that, you probably will end up with an unusable emacs, so just eval
(setq display-buffer-overriding-action (cons nil nil)) and you'll be good
to go.

Em qua., 19 de jun. de 2024 às 18:17, Jeremy Bryant <[email-masked]>
escreveu:

> "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > When display-buffer-overriding-action's car is set to a function
> > instead of a list, display-buffer-override-next-command must ensure
> > that the car is a list before pushing a new element to it, otherwise
> > the car will become a itself a cons-cell and the clear-fun will
> > trigger a wrong-type-argumen error when trying to delq the action.
> >
> > The error can be triggered by using some minor mode that
> > updates display-buffer-override-next-command (such as purpose-mode)
> > and then calling other-window-prefix.
> >
>
> To reproduce the bug, what other built-in modes (instead of
> purpose-mode) can be used?
>

-- 
Rodrigo Virote Kassick
------------------------------------------------------------