Subject: bug#71648: 30.0.50; Allow which-key to report on translation bindings

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 18:34:27 +0300

> From: Justin Burkett <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 11:09:36 -0400
> Cc: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>, Jeremy Bryant <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
> 
> The purpose of which-key was to show the commands that are available
> following an incomplete key sequence. If I understand correctly, these
> maps don't hold commands and anyway would be processed before
> which-key "sees" the current incomplete key sequence.

Everything in Emacs is a command.  The specific sequences Robert was
talking about eventually insert characters, but they are still a
sequence of key events.  So I'm not sure I understand how you
distinguish between them and what fundamental differences do you see.
Would you like to elaborate on how and why do you perceive these to be
different?

> If I understand correctly, if "C-d x" translates to "C-c x" then
> which-key I believe would see the sequence "C-c x" and find the
> bindings following that sequence. I'm not sure how or why we would
> want to display the information that "C-d x" translates to "C-c x".

I don't think this case is the most important or the most interesting.