Subject: bug#71642: 30.0.50; eglot-execute doesn't support ExecuteCommandParams

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 23:26:20 +0100

On Wed, Jun 19, 2024 at 10:19 PM Jeremy Bryant <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > It appears that an ExecuteCommandParams interface should be added to
> > eglot--lsp-interface-alist and that a matcher for ExecuteCommandParams
> > should be added to the eglot--dcase in eglot-execute.
>
> Adding João as author of eglot

Thanks.

Troy, you seem to be on to something.  It would seem Command shouldn't
be there in the dcase matcher in eglot-execute at all.  Instead
ExecuteCommandParams should be there.  If so, patches welcome, as you
seem to have grasped how this code is supposed to work.

> Additionally,
> > the Command matcher should be changed to not send the "title"
> > parameter in the subsequent workspace/executeCommand request.

Looks like it shouldn't even be there right?

I may just have been thrown off  by the confusing naming (naively
thinking that executeCommand executes Commands, but it doesnt).

The reason no one has complained is probably that there aren't
many users invoking custom commands, and if there are, they could
be just using `jsonrpc-request` directly or using the deprecated
interface.

João