Subject: Re: [PATCHv2 0/5] Improve on restic-backup-service

From: paul <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 00:49:07 +0200

Hi Richard,

thank you for this work, it looks really useful and in general I think 
the patches are ok but I have some points I'd like to discuss.

I think it would be nice to have an init action for the restic-guix 
command shipped with the service and move there the logic for 
initializing repositories. The service then could be adapted in a way 
that it would call the restic-guix init before calling restic-guix 
backup. Would you be interested in implementing this?

At last, my use case for having a restic package field for each job is 
to have some critical jobs that I don't want to touch running with 
Guix's bootstrapped restic package and some personal jobs that I run 
with a restic 0.16 binary package I have in my personal channel . I'm 
not sure this warrants a field in each single job, but they are optional 
anyway. Anyway I wouldn't consider this a blocker and if the Guix 
project has some guidelines in this sense I'd say follow them.

Cheers,

giacomo