Subject: bug#71624: dejagnu-1.6.3 test failure

From: Jacob Bachmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 22:00:49 -0500

Gordon Steemson wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2024 at 19:09, Jacob Bachmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>   
> [...]
>> The report-card tests should not be affected by that issue, however,
>> this report contains insufficient information to evaluate.  Please
>> attach the report-card.log produced by a failing test run and describe
>> the system that you are using.  What distribution is exhibiting this issue?
>>     
>
> The test log should be attached to this message; hopefully it does not
> get stripped off.
>
> The build was performed on an obsolete platform – specifically, Mac OS
> X 10.5.8 “Leopard” running on a dual-processor Power Mac G5 – so I
> don’t know if anyone else will care that it failed.  I’d still like to
> know why it is failing.
>   

It is most likely failing because Mac OS X 10.5.8 does not conform to 
POSIX:  the log shows an error from stty(1) rejecting the -onlret 
option, which POSIX defines---it is /not/ a GNU extension.

That said, my copy of stty(P) suggests that onlret does not do anything 
useful here, so a patch has been pushed to the "PR71624" branch at 
Savannah.  Please try it and indicate if it solves this problem.  If so, 
I will merge it to master and consider the issue resolved.

-- Jacob