Subject: bug#71624: dejagnu-1.6.3 test failure

From: Gordon Steemson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 14:48:41 -0700

On Tue, 18 Jun 2024 at 19:09, Jacob Bachmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Gordon Steemson wrote:
> > I have tried Adam Sampson's patch for Expect 5.45.4, but unfortunately it did not solve this problem for me.  Neither did building in a different directory -- whether a subdirectory of the source directory or outside it entirely, on my system it always fails the report-card tests with these same sorts of unexpectedly closed subprocess files.
>
> This is a different issue than the Expect bug that patch is intended to
> fix.  The spurious EOF bug in Expect only affects the internal DejaGnu
> unit tests, which are run in a child expect process.

Oh. I must have mis-read that part. My apologies.

> The report-card tests should not be affected by that issue, however,
> this report contains insufficient information to evaluate.  Please
> attach the report-card.log produced by a failing test run and describe
> the system that you are using.  What distribution is exhibiting this issue?

The test log should be attached to this message; hopefully it does not
get stripped off.

The build was performed on an obsolete platform – specifically, Mac OS
X 10.5.8 “Leopard” running on a dual-processor Power Mac G5 – so I
don’t know if anyone else will care that it failed.  I’d still like to
know why it is failing.

Gordon S.