Subject: bug#71606: closed (Re: bug#71606: Info manuals don't appear in default profile despite correct(?) environment variables)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 23:24:02 +0000

Your bug report

#71606: Info manuals don't appear in default profile despite correct(?) environment variables

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71606: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71606
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#71606: Info manuals don't appear in default profile despite correct(?) environment variables
From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
To: Olivier Rojon <[email-masked]>
Cc: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 19:22:23 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Olivier Rojon <[email-masked]> writes:

> now the problem is solved.

Closing the issue.

-- 
Suhail

Subject: Info manuals don't appear in default profile despite correct(?) environment variables
From: Olivier Rojon <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2024 05:34:22 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hej fellows,

I am on a foreign distro (openSUSE) and use Guix as package manager.  I have set the
INFOPATH so that it points -- among others -- to the path of my current profile which is
the canonical `.config/guix/current/share/info`.  However, this directory seems to not be
correctly populated, for it is missing at least the entry of the `recutils` package which
I have installed via the Guix package manager.

Confusingly, Emacs doesn't find the recutils info manual (nor the manpages), but invoking
`info recutils` from the command line yields the documentation -- despite $INFOPATH being
identical in both cases and `~/.config/guix/current/share/info` being part of
`Info-directory-list`.

Am I doing something wrong, do I have to do something in particular, or is there a
misunderstanding on my side as to how the subdirectories of my current profile are
supposed to behave?

Have a good day :)