Subject: [bug#71602] [PATCH] gnu: texlive-scripts: add mktexfmt

From: Jorge Acereda <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 18:47:20 +0200

On Sun, Jun 30, 2024 at 4:32 PM Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This is rather surprising. "mktexfmt" is not directly used to compile
> documents, but rather to create format files. However, these format
> files are pre-generated during build, without relying on "mktexfmt".
>
> Also, I can export from Org to LaTeX without issues. Your problem lies
> elsewhere, IMO. Maybe an incomplete TeX Live installation ?
>

Oh, sorry. I mean org-latex-export-to-pdf. Maybe I'm missing something
as you suggest. I have installed  texlive-bin, texlive-etex and
texlive-scripts. This is what I'm getting:

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.25 (TeX Live 2023/GNU
Guix) (preloaded format=pdflatex)
 restricted \write18 enabled.

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt
mktexfmt: No such file or directory
I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.25 (TeX Live 2023/GNU
Guix) (preloaded format=pdflatex)
 restricted \write18 enabled.

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt
mktexfmt: No such file or directory
I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.25 (TeX Live 2023/GNU
Guix) (preloaded format=pdflatex)
 restricted \write18 enabled.

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt
mktexfmt: No such file or directory
I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!

Thanks,
  Jorge