Subject: bug#71587: closed (Close)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 09:46:02 +0000

Your bug report

#71587: [PATCH 0/2] Rename mastodon.scm -> fediverse.scm and add snac2

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71587: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71587
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Close
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2024 11:44:46 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

thanks for the patches!

I think renaming is a good idea; details are of course of the order of
bikeshedding. Since I like fediverse better, I kept your patch.

Concerning snac2, I have decided to call it snac instead. This is how it
is called on the author's github page (the largest heading), and it is
also the name of the binary. I have modernised the patch using gexps,
removed the #t return value of a phase, and added a comment why tests
are disabled.

There is no need to sign off your own patches, since you are already the
author.

Something strange happened with the change ids, there were two of them
in each commit; I have kept one every time.

Andreas

Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Rename mastodon.scm -> fediverse.scm and add snac2
From: Sergio Durigan Junior <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sergio Durigan Junior <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2024 00:46:19 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi there,

I would like to propose the renaming of mastodon.scm to the more
generic name fediverse.scm.  This makes it possible to stuff more
fediverse-related packages into it, which is what the second patch in
the series does: it adds a package for snac2, which is a very simple
and elegant server that has great support for the Mastodon API.

Thanks,

Sergio Durigan Junior (2):
  gnu: mastodon: Rename to fediverse.scm
  gnu: fediverse: Add snac2

 gnu/local.mk                                 |  2 +-
 gnu/packages/{mastodon.scm => fediverse.scm} | 61 +++++++++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 61 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
 rename gnu/packages/{mastodon.scm => fediverse.scm} (75%)

base-commit: 612e4dd98f7d1d015e405af9d029bede3fe3c280
-- 
2.43.0