Subject: bug#71577: Some Images jobset lack artifacts

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 10:49:34 +0200

Hi Vincent,

Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I wanted to try a fresh guix in a VM, but the "Download / Latest"
> page (1) does not have the:
> "QCOW2 virtual machine (VM) image"
> "GNU Guix 1.4.0 QEMU Image"
> that is available on the "Download / Standard" page (2)

This is now fixed:

  https://guix.gnu.org/en/download/latest/

For the record, the problem was that we’d be removing GC roots too
early, which was fixed here:

  https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/commit/?id=489fc437c7b3aa0af41a40d6090eb4c51ced0028

> BTW, DL latest page also lacks checksum files to verify integrity.

Since this process is automated, there cannot be a signature to verify
the authenticity of those binaries (integrity is most likely verified
indirectly via embedded checksums in the container formats).

> no downloadable artifacts:
>     novena-barebones-raw-image
>     disk-image
>
> Is that intended or an oversight ?

I think it was intentional that we’d only provide the “most useful”
images for download.  If you think others should be added, please let’s
discuss it on guix-devel.

Thanks!

Ludo’.