Subject: Re: bug#71577: Some Images jobset lack artifacts

From: Vincent Legoll <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2024 21:11:04 +0000

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 2:54 PM Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> There’s no x86_64 QCOW2 image, that’s why.  :-)
>

OK, that's a why, but may I ask why ?

I'm not trying to be painful, but, there's the 'release' download page, and
there's the 'latest'.

I was assuming (now I understand that was the wrong thing to do) that
I would find on the 'latest' page the same things as on the release page,
just built with git HEAD code.

> (The bug that was fixed is that the installation ISO and the Hurd QCOW2
> are no longer 404.)
>

Yeah, I followed that, and that's not the "problem" I have, that was simply
a bug that has been fixed, this happens, and it's normal.

And to be completely clear, I'm not reporting this issue for myself, because
I built that x86_64 qcow2 image locally and it's woking fine. I just think
the
path of least surprise for people who click on the latest dowload page is to
find the same as on the release one.

Maybe you have decided that it's not worth the computing power usage,
and that would be fine with me. Just close the issue as "wontfix".

Thanks

-- 
Vincent Legoll