Subject: [bug#71565] [PATCH] gnu: ibus-minimal: Graft to 1.5.29.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 05:44:55 +0200

Hi Maxim,

Am Sonntag, dem 23.06.2024 um 22:13 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
> > […] I might have been cargo-culting the -public part from other
> > definitions.  Are grafts typically not exported?
> 
> Not thinking about CI shenanigans, I think it's more logical that
> they be private, since we want the users to use the grafted package,
> not the graft itself (although in the end the result should be the
> same).

You mean that users end up accidentally discovering and using the wrong
ibus through CLI?  I don't think that's an issue for ibus-minimal,
though, since it's hidden anyway, and I do trust users who write the
files to be sensible here.

On that note, I think I remember a graft which had to be public to also
fix issues in certain dependent packages.  (I might have committed that
one myself and IIRC, it was meson).  Feel free to drop the -public part
from the ibus graft though; I had pushed it without resolving this
conversation.

Cheers