Subject: 30.0.50; {typescript,tsx}-ts-mode do not indent type parameter lists contents

From: Arsen Arsenović <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2024 22:23:31 +0200

Hi!

The following snippet is considered correctly indented per
typescript-ts-mode and tsx-ts-mode:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
function f(
  a: int,
  b: int
) {}

type T<
A,
B
> = number

f(
  a,
  b,
  c
)

T<
  A,
  B,
  C
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

This seems inconsistent (and, subjectively, ugly).  I think that the TS
modes should indent type parameters the same as parameters (and the same
as said arguments when they're being applied rather than declared).

A patch that achieves the desired result (I am not sure of the
correctness, but it does seem to do the right thing):

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
diff --git a/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el b/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el
index 74ed6aa2f94..3606a139d50 100644
--- a/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el
+++ b/lisp/progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el
@@ -125,6 +125,7 @@ typescript-ts-mode--indent-rules
      ((parent-is "switch_case") parent-bol typescript-ts-mode-indent-offset)
      ((parent-is "switch_default") parent-bol typescript-ts-mode-indent-offset)
      ((parent-is "type_arguments") parent-bol typescript-ts-mode-indent-offset)
+     ((parent-is "type_parameters") parent-bol typescript-ts-mode-indent-offset)
      ((parent-is ,(rx (or "variable" "lexical") "_" (or "declaration" "declarator")))
       typescript-ts-mode--anchor-decl 1)
      ((parent-is "arguments") parent-bol typescript-ts-mode-indent-offset)

--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Thank you for your continued maintenance of Emacs, and have a most
lovely day!  :)

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.42, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-06-10 built on localhost
Repository revision: 12d44fe6420e84eab8f750f9a0f8cd73c3e70bb2
Repository branch: master
System Description: Gentoo Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
 --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --datarootdir=/usr/share
 --disable-silent-rules --docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-30.0.9999
 --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-30.0.9999/html --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --program-suffix=-emacs-30-vcs --includedir=/usr/include/emacs-30-vcs
 --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-30-vcs --localstatedir=/var
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-install --without-hesiod --without-pop
 --with-file-notification=inotify --with-pdumper --enable-acl
 --enable-xattr --with-dbus --with-modules --with-gameuser=:gamestat
 --with-libgmp --with-gpm --with-native-compilation=aot
 --without-kerberos --without-kerberos5 --with-lcms2 --with-xml2
 --with-mailutils --without-selinux --with-sqlite3 --with-gnutls
 --with-libsystemd --with-threads --with-tree-sitter --without-wide-int
 --with-sound=alsa --with-zlib --with-pgtk --without-x --without-ns
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --without-gconf --without-gsettings
 --with-harfbuzz --with-libotf --with-m17n-flt --with-xwidgets
 --with-gif --with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-webp
 --without-imagemagick --with-dumping=pdumper 'CFLAGS=-freport-bug -O3
 -ggdb3 -pipe -fdiagnostics-color=always -march=x86-64-v2 -flto
 -Werror=odr -Werror=lto-type-mismatch -Werror=strict-aliasing
 -fno-fast-math -ffp-contract=off' CPPFLAGS= 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1
 -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -O3 -Wl,-O3 -pipe
 -fdiagnostics-color=always -Wl,--defsym=__gentoo_check_ldflags__=0
 -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -Wl,--build-id -flto -Werror=odr
 -Werror=lto-type-mismatch -Werror=strict-aliasing''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM HARFBUZZ JPEG LCMS2
LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER
PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM XWIDGETS GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_TIME: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  bug-reference-prog-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  auto-revert-mode: t
  global-jinx-mode: t
  jinx-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  ruler-mode: t
  diff-hl-flydiff-mode: t
  diff-hl-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  org-roam-db-autosync-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  mu4e-modeline-mode: t
  ws-butler-global-mode: t
  ws-butler-mode: t
  corfu-popupinfo-mode: t
  global-corfu-mode: t
  corfu-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  vertico-mouse-mode: t
  vertico-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  global-display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  display-fill-column-indicator-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tab-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-eat/eat hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-eat/term/eat
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/transient/transient hides /usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/transient
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/compat/compat hides /usr/share/emacs/30.0.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/compat

Features:
(shadow emacsbug consult-register pulse consult-xref consult
tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs vc-hg vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs
vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs bug-reference face-remap magit-bookmark git-rebase
magit-extras magit-sparse-checkout magit-gitignore magit-ediff ediff
ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-help ediff-init
ediff-util magit-subtree magit-patch magit-submodule magit-blame
magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch
magit-clone magit-remote magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes
magit-worktree magit-tag magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset
magit-files magit-refs magit-status magit package url-handlers
magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log magit-diff smerge-mode
git-commit log-edit add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process with-editor shell server magit-mode
transient magit-git magit-base crm shr-color sort smiley gnus-cite qp
mm-archive mail-extr textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize
uni-confusable textsec-check misearch multi-isearch vertico-directory
help-fns radix-tree info haskell-decl-scan haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake-proc etags fileloop
xref dabbrev haskell-customize gitignore-mode conf-mode
typescript-ts-mode js c-ts-common oc-basic ol-eww eww url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi flycheck-pkgcheck autorevert filenotify flymake-cc flymake
project jinx vc-git ebuild-mode skeleton display-line-numbers ruler-mode
diff-hl-flydiff diff-hl log-view pcvs-util vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher
diff-mode track-changes cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs dired-aux savehist
saveplace comp comp-cstr warnings org-roam-migrate org-roam-log
org-roam-mode org-roam-capture org-roam-id org-roam-node org-roam-db
org-roam-utils org-roam-compat org-roam org-capture org-element
org-persist xdg avl-tree generator org-attach org-id org-refile
org-element-ast inline emacsql-sqlite advice emacsql emacsql-compiler
magit-section cursor-sensor dash desktop frameset cus-load mu4e mu4e-org
mu4e-notification notifications mu4e-main smtpmail mu4e-view
mu4e-mime-parts mu4e-headers mu4e-thread mu4e-actions mu4e-compose
mu4e-draft gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime
gnutls dig gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus
comp-run comp-common gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo
parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader
range wid-edit mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark
mu4e-message shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util flow-fill mule-util hl-line
mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders mu4e-context mu4e-query-items
mu4e-server mu4e-modeline mu4e-vars mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window
bookmark pp ido message sendmail mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils
mailheader mu4e-obsolete auth-source-pass ws-butler
modus-vivendi-tinted-theme modus-themes kind-icon svg-lib svg dom xml
corfu-popupinfo corfu orderless marginalia vertico-mouse vertico compat
flycheck lisp-mnt org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp
org-macro org-src sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities
time-date org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table
ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat org-macs format-spec which-key
ace-window avy undo-tree diff queue display-fill-column-indicator
disp-table which-func imenu elec-pair whitespace markdown-mode
edit-indirect rx color url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core
password-cache json subr-x map url-vars thingatpt noutline outline icons
edmacro kmacro byte-opt cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode cl-seq use-package
use-package-ensure use-package-delight use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core bytecomp
byte-compile site-gentoo hs-lint compile text-property-search comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring preview-latex mmm-auto mmm-vars cl-loaddefs
cl-lib mmm-utils mmm-compat ess-autoloads tex-site rmc iso-transl
tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win
touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads xwidget-internal dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting
font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1601145 2075291) (symbols 48 68255 17) (strings 32 258126 73109)
 (string-bytes 1 9012803) (vectors 16 139927) (vector-slots 8 1891203 1225547)
 (floats 8 879 9960) (intervals 56 42735 6368) (buffers 992 86))
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

-- 
Arsen Arsenović