Subject: bug#71556: GNOME Konsol crashes

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2024 15:20:11 +0900

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Dienstag, dem 22.10.2024 um 10:21 +0200 schrieb Simon Josefsson:
>> I saw the problem a couple of more times, but I have switched away
>> from kgx (which I think is called Konsol not Console?) to the old
>> Terminal app and haven’t had any issues since.  I’m okay closing this
>> bug report unless there is some more information from anyone else who
>> have time to debug the kgx/Mesa issue further.
> It might well be Konsol in some language – it's Console in English.  As
> for kgx/Mesa bugs, there might be some due to GTK using hardware
> acceleration under the hood (which, in turn, is controlled by a few
> variables and depends on whether your hardware works nice with libre
> software/current Mesa).

I've searched for similar reports and found none specific to GNOME
Console (kgx), although this one about the whole Xorg server crashing
looks similar [0]. One of the commenter there also mentions the problem
vanishing after upgrading their memory to 32 GiB, so perhaps it's
related to something being OOM'd ?

Anyway, if you can reproduce this, I think the best place to report the
issue would be upstream on that mesa tracker: they are more likely to
figure out the actual problem and come up with a fix.

[0]  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/7626

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim