Subject: bug#7152: vc-update fails under conflicts (bug#4280)

From: Olof Ohlsson Sax <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 16:07:00 +0200

Hi

When using vc-update I'm receiving the following error message in *vc*:

Conflict discovered in 'refs.bib'.
Select: (p) postpone, (df) diff-full, (e) edit,
        (mc) mine-conflict, (tc) theirs-conflict,
        (s) show all options: svn: Can't read stdin: End of file found

This bug was reported as bug#4280 in August 2009 and in January 2010 a patch was applied to vc-svn.el to add the "--non-interactive" flag when running "svn update" in vc-svn-update. However, when I run vc-update, the function vc-svn-merge-news is called instead of vc-svn-update and that function calls "svn update" without the "--non-interactive" flag. The below patch adds this flag.

(I'm using Aquamacs 2.1, but vc-svn.el is identical to the one in Emacs trunk).

Olof Ohlsson Sax

=== modified file 'lisp/vc/vc-svn.el'
--- lisp/vc/vc-svn.el	2010-08-29 16:17:13 +0000
+++ lisp/vc/vc-svn.el	2010-10-03 13:58:13 +0000
@@ -374,7 +374,9 @@
   (message "Merging changes into %s..." file)
   ;; (vc-file-setprop file 'vc-working-revision nil)
   (vc-file-setprop file 'vc-checkout-time 0)
-  (vc-svn-command nil 0 file "update")
+  (vc-svn-command nil 0 file 
+	   "--non-interactive"		; bug#4280
+           "update")
   ;; Analyze the merge result reported by SVN, and set
   ;; file properties accordingly.
   (with-current-buffer (get-buffer "*vc*")

In GNU Emacs 23.2.50.1 (i386-apple-darwin9.8.0, NS apple-appkit-949.54)
of 2010-08-18 on braeburn.aquamacs.org - Aquamacs Distribution 2.1
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1038
configured using `configure  '--with-ns' '--without-x' 'CC=gcc' 'CFLAGS=-O3 -fno-tree-pre -falign-loops -arch i386' 'LDFLAGS=-O3 -fno-tree-pre -falign-loops -arch i386''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: sv_SE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: BibTeX

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  TeX-source-correlate-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  smart-frame-positioning-mode: t
  aquamacs-autoface-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  osx-key-mode: t
  tabbar-mwheel-mode: t
  tabbar-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  pc-selection-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
^X ^F <M-backspace> <M-backspace> ⇧N <tab> ⇧C H <tab> 
4 <tab> S U <tab> P <tab> - A <tab> T <tab> <return> 
^X V + <help-echo> ^X ^F <M-backspace> <M-backspace> 
⇧R E F <tab> R E F <tab> B <tab> <return> ^S ⇧R Y A 
N ^S ^E <up> <up> <return> C <backspace> <return> C 
A S D V C A D V E F D ^X ^S ^X V = ^X 1 <down-mouse-1> 
<mouse-1> ^X B <return> ^X V = ^X V + ^X K <return> 
^X 1 <wheel-up> <double-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> <triple-wheel-up> 
<triple-wheel-up> <wheel-down> <wheel-down> ^X V = 
^X 1 ^X K <return> ^X V + <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <help-echo> ^H K ^X V + ^H 
K ^X V M ^X V M <return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <menu-bar> 
<help-menu> <bug-diagnosis> <send-emacs-bug-report

Recent messages:
Finding changes in /Users/olof/Documents/Notes/References/refs.bib...done
(No files need saving)
Merging changes into /Users/olof/Documents/Notes/References/refs.bib...
ad-Orig-error: Running svn update refs.bib...FAILED (status 1)
Finding changes in /Users/olof/Documents/Notes/References/refs.bib...done
(No files need saving)
Merging changes into /Users/olof/Documents/Notes/References/refs.bib...
ad-Orig-error: Running svn update refs.bib...FAILED (status 1)
Type "q" to quit. [2 times]
Merging changes into /Users/olof/Documents/Notes/References/refs.bib...
ad-Orig-error: Running svn update refs.bib...FAILED (status 1)

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash
emacsbug diff-mode multi-isearch bibtex vc vc-dispatcher vc-svn preview
prv-emacs reftex-vcr reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex reftex-vars bib-cite
tex-fold tex-bar tex-buf toolbar-x noutline outline font-latex latex
edmacro kmacro tex-style tex latexenc url-http tls url-auth mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-util
url-parse url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr mailcap mail-utils
aquamacs-mode-defaults auctex-config server preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads smart-dnd aquamacs-aux savehist mouse-sel
one-buffer-one-frame smart-frame-positioning drews_init
color-theme-autoloads saveplace visual-line aquamacs-bug
aquamacs-autoface-mode aquamacs-editing sendmail recentf tree-widget
cus-edit osxkeys emulate-mac-keyboard-mode frame-cmds strings misc-fns
thingatpt+ thingatpt frame-fns avoid aquamacs-mac-fontsets fit-frame
aquamacs-frame-setup aquamacs-tabbar tabbar-window cl cl-19 tabbar
easy-mmode warnings cus-start cus-load aquamacs-site-start filladapt
aquamacs-redo check-for-updates aquamacs-menu osx_defaults
aquamacs-tool-bar aquamacs mac-extra-functions aquamacs-tools
aquamacs-macros parse-time timezone time-date paren delsel pc-select
cua-base wid-edit regexp-opt advice advice-preload byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile debug help-fns help-mode view image-file disp-table tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win easymenu tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages
mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)

Command line: (/Applications/Aquamacs 2.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Aquamacs)

PATH: /Users/olof/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/Users/olof/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/local/texlive/2010/bin:/usr/local/texlive/2009/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/Users/olof/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/X11/bin:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/texlive/2010/bin:/usr/local/texlive/2009/bin:/usr/texbin:/usr/local/texlive/2010/bin:/usr/local/texlive/2009/bin

exec-path: (/Users/olof/bin /usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/texbin /usr/X11/bin /Users/olof/bin /opt/local/bin /opt/local/sbin /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin /opt/local/bin /opt/local/sbin /Users/olof/bin /usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/texbin /usr/X11/bin /opt/local/bin /opt/local/sbin /usr/bin /bin /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/texbin /usr/local/texlive/2010/bin /usr/local/texlive/2009/bin /Applications/Aquamacs 2.1.app/Contents/MacOS/bin)