Subject: Re: bug#71504: 30.0.50; FR: Fix suggestions ("quick fix") for Flymake diagnostics

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 09:08:54 +0300

> From: Eshel Yaron <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2024 07:43:53 +0200
> 
> Hi Eli,
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > It sounds like we all agree, but then what is the problem?
> 
> I'm not sure I understand what you're asking, I don't think there's any
> problem here per se, just a need for a decision on how to proceed:
> 
> If you and Spencer agree with my overall implementation, I'll polish it
> a bit and post an updated patch for master.  If you want to implement
> the requested feature in some other way, that's perfectly fine too.
> Lastly, if you don't think Emacs should provide a command for applying
> fixes to Flymake diagnostics, feel free to close this feature request.

I'm asking what is the overall idea of the proposed implementation.  I
think it's worthwhile to present it, so we could see if we all agree
with that idea and the details of the proposed implementation.

The reason I think we should go back and discuss that is that in the
beginning there seemed to be some disagreement, but after several
messages it actually sounds like we all agree.  So it would be good to
go back and examine the original idea again.