Subject: bug#71492: closed (Re: New release?)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 09:52:01 +0000

Your bug report

#71492: [PATCH 0/6] coq: Update various packages.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71492: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71492
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: New release?
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Jean-Pierre De Jesus Diaz <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2024 11:50:23 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Am Mon, Jun 17, 2024 at 12:30:26PM +0000 schrieb Jean-Pierre De Jesus Diaz:
> Thanks for merging the patches, I've sent a new one to this issue to change
> the coq-autosubst package to use a patch instead of an unreleased version
> since that's the only commit that has happened since v1.8 and it is quite
> small.
> I'll ask if they can release a new version in the meantime so that we can
> remove the patch in the future.

thanks, excellent, I have pushed this commit.

I am closing this bug now and let you open a new one once more Coq related
patches are ready.

Andreas

Subject: [PATCH 0/6] coq: Update various packages.
From: Jean-Pierre De Jesus DIAZ <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Jean-Pierre De Jesus DIAZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 17:10:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

This patch series update various Coq packages to newer versions as they
don't compile with Coq 8.19, so this is essentially a pre-requisite
patch set to update Coq.

There are other packages that will need to be updated at the same time
as Coq as they don't build with the current version (coq-bignums and
coq-equations).

I have a branch prepared to update Coq to 8.19:

<https://github.com/Foundation-Devices/guix-mirror/tree/coq/update-8.19>

But it isn't ready yet because it breaks why3 and all of it dependents,
see: <https://gitlab.inria.fr/why3/why3/-/merge_requests/1077>.

And also the coq-semantics package fails to build with Coq 8.19, but it
seems that it hasn't been maintained lately.

So to not break those packages first I think it's best to at least merge
these updates in the meantime to make progress towards updating Coq.

Jean-Pierre De Jesus DIAZ (6):
  gnu: coq-autosubst: Update to 1.8-0.6ba0acc.
  gnu: coq-coquelicot: Update to 3.4.1.
  gnu: coq-gappa: Update to 1.5.5.
  gnu: coq-interval: Update to 4.10.0.
  gnu: coq-mathcomp: Update to 1.19.0.
  gnu: coq-stdpp: Update to 1.10.0.

 gnu/packages/coq.scm | 76 +++++++++++++++++++++++---------------------
 1 file changed, 40 insertions(+), 36 deletions(-)

base-commit: 520d85bad4c0207df85273c72d59e9e7d7416538
-- 
2.45.1