Subject: bug#71489: Two libtool issues

From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2024 20:23:36 +0300

Hi Sergey,

On 11/06/2024 14:20, Sergey Poznyakoff wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> Some time ago I discovered two libool issues related to the library
> preference, which caused lots of problems in GNU mailutils.  The issues
> are described in detail in the following article:
> 
>    https://gray.gnu.org.ua/public/ltbug
> 
> (Sorry if it is too long: I tried to provide as much detail as possible,
> along with examples and proposed patches).
>    
> I reported that to the bug-libtool list on 2019-12-14. Back then I got a
> reply which seemed to stem from misreading rather than from an attempt to
> understand the problem. So I ended up distributing a patched ltmain.sh
> with GNU mailutils.
> 
> Is there any chance these issues can be addressed in libtool?

Thank you for your bug report and all of the detail that you provided. I
have replicated your errors and created a test file based off of your
testcases. It has been applied to libtool's development branch [1]. If
you would verify the patch and test file are applied properly for this
issue, I will close the bug.

Also, thank you for reporting these issues again. I am sorry it was not
looked into sooner.

[1] 
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?h=development&id=998a3347622014a0ecb58bdf57388b3f545e5934

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354