Subject: Re: bug#71489: Two libtool issues

From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2024 17:30:57 +0300

On 27/08/2024 22:22, Sam James wrote:
> Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> I have not seen any issues with the new testcase for testing the two
>> libtool issues or the changes made to fix these issues. I have merged
>> the changes into master:
>>   https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=0e1b33332429cd578367bd0ad420c065d5caf0ac
>>
>> For now, I am going to close this bug. Thank you again, Sergey, for
>> fixing and documenting these issues!
> 
> Ileana, would you be willing to consider a new dev release for testing
> for this? While I hope it's a safe change, I think there's some benefit
> to be had from distros testing it out with mass-rebuilds.

I could upload another beta release in a day or two to allow for some
additional testing before the stable release. I would like to release
the stable in the next couple of weeks though, if there are not any
major issues.

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354