Subject: bug#71489: closed (Re: bug#71489: Two libtool issues)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 15:51:02 +0000

Your bug report

#71489: Two libtool issues

which was filed against the libtool package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71489: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71489
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#71489: Two libtool issues
From: Ileana Dumitrescu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Sergey Poznyakoff <[email-masked]>, Sam James <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2024 18:48:03 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I have not seen any issues with the new testcase for testing the two
libtool issues or the changes made to fix these issues. I have merged
the changes into master:
  
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libtool.git/commit/?id=0e1b33332429cd578367bd0ad420c065d5caf0ac

For now, I am going to close this bug. Thank you again, Sergey, for
fixing and documenting these issues!

-- 
Ileana Dumitrescu

GPG Public Key: FA26 CA78 4BE1 8892 7F22 B99F 6570 EA01 146F 7354

Subject: Two libtool issues
From: "Sergey Poznyakoff" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2024 13:20:15 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Some time ago I discovered two libool issues related to the library
preference, which caused lots of problems in GNU mailutils.  The issues
are described in detail in the following article:

  https://gray.gnu.org.ua/public/ltbug

(Sorry if it is too long: I tried to provide as much detail as possible,
along with examples and proposed patches).  
  
I reported that to the bug-libtool list on 2019-12-14. Back then I got a
reply which seemed to stem from misreading rather than from an attempt to
understand the problem. So I ended up distributing a patched ltmain.sh
with GNU mailutils.

Is there any chance these issues can be addressed in libtool?

Regards,
Sergey