Subject: bug#71469: font-lock does not apply standard faces and their descendants

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2024 11:16:42 +0100

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> There have been no objections to the suggested patch, so I have now
> installed a version of it on master as commit 3d3c1094604.

Thanks.

> The installed change silences all warnings, and updates the manual and
> NEWS.

I still get:

cedet/semantic/bovine/c.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
org/ob-C.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
org/ob-fortran.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
progmodes/cc-awk.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’
progmodes/cc-awk.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-keyword-face’
progmodes/cc-awk.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-function-name-face’ ...
progmodes/antlr-mode.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
progmodes/cmacexp.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
progmodes/csharp-mode.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
progmodes/cwarn.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
progmodes/hideif.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
progmodes/php-ts-mode.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
progmodes/typescript-ts-mode.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
textmodes/mhtml-mode.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...
progmodes/cc-fonts.el: Warning: ‘font-lock-type-face’ ...

This is with Emacs 43fcda0c on macOS.  Org and CC-mode(?) are maintained
externally, but others not, I think.

Best, Arash