Subject: bug#7146: (make-symbol "") issues

From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 06:36:31 +0200

On Sun, Oct 3, 2010 at 06:05, Chong Yidong <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I'm afraid I don't see any crash.  The number 6 appears in the echo
> area, that's all.

I see it on Windows, with the current trunk.

    Juanma

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x0102bfb6 in find_symbol_value (symbol=2) at data.c:1059
1059      switch (sym->redirect)
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0102bfb6 in find_symbol_value (symbol=2) at data.c:1059
#1  0x0102c150 in Fsymbol_value (symbol=2) at data.c:1082
#2  0x01038edf in Feval (form=2) at eval.c:2231
#3  0x01036eef in internal_catch (tag=53471294, func=0x1038eb2
<Feval>, arg=2) at eval.c:1204
#4  0x01283183 in Fbyte_code (bytestr=74807729, vector=50925637,
maxdepth=12) at bytecode.c:854
#5  0x0103c9e7 in funcall_lambda (fun=50106437, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f1b0) at eval.c:3174
#6  0x0103c41d in apply_lambda (fun=50106437, args=48474138,
eval_flag=1) at eval.c:3100
#7  0x01039eed in Feval (form=74931054) at eval.c:2394
#8  0x0103bb72 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f3f4) at eval.c:2990
#9  0x0128285f in Fbyte_code (bytestr=21103025, vector=21103077,
maxdepth=12) at bytecode.c:679
#10 0x0103c9e7 in funcall_lambda (fun=21102989, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88f624) at eval.c:3174
#11 0x0103c0f9 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f620) at eval.c:3036
#12 0x0128285f in Fbyte_code (bytestr=21103369, vector=21103421,
maxdepth=12) at bytecode.c:679
#13 0x0103c9e7 in funcall_lambda (fun=21103341, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88f8a4) at eval.c:3174
#14 0x0103c0f9 in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f8a0) at eval.c:3036
#15 0x01281929 in Fcall_interactively (function=49029794,
record_flag=48474138, keys=48495365) at callint.c:849
#16 0x0103bcb2 in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88fb30) at eval.c:2996
#17 0x0103b10f in call3 (fn=48643962, arg1=49029794, arg2=48474138,
arg3=48474138) at eval.c:2820
#18 0x0102294e in Fcommand_execute (cmd=49029794,
record_flag=48474138, keys=48474138, special=48474138) at
keyboard.c:10330
#19 0x0100863d in command_loop_1 () at keyboard.c:1737
#20 0x010374d0 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x1007058
<command_loop_1>, handlers=48527722, hfun=0x100678d <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1460
#21 0x01006c63 in command_loop_2 (ignore=48474138) at keyboard.c:1338
#22 0x01036eef in internal_catch (tag=48525842, func=0x1006c40
<command_loop_2>, arg=48474138) at eval.c:1204
#23 0x01006c1b in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1317
#24 0x01005e7f in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:940
#25 0x010063a3 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:1002
#26 0x010026af in main (argc=2, argv=0xb72c50) at emacs.c:1718

Lisp Backtrace:
"foo" (0x88f1b0)
"eval" (0x88f3f8)
"eval-last-sexp-1" (0x88f624)
"eval-last-sexp" (0x88f8a4)
"call-interactively" (0x88fb34)
(gdb)