Subject: bug#71452: 30.0.50; GNUS hangs on IMAP/s reads starting at commit bbc1803

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2024 14:37:30 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Does it help to set read-process-output-fast to a nil value?

As far as I can tell, yes that does help!  I opened quite a few
folders and messages, way more than it took to cause a hang
earlier.  No hang!

Tested with 'emacs -Q' built from commit
0aed6f5f0d9319dc616424e2c7df80580a04c739 and with the following
configuration:

(setq
      read-process-output-fast nil
      gnus-select-method '(nnnil "")
      gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '(
        (nnimap "imap.fastmail.com"
                (nnimap-stream ssl)
                (nnimap-record-commands t)
                 ;; TODO expiry?!  (nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+gmail:[Gmail]/Trash")
                )
        )
      )

Thanks!

-- 
Eric Gillespie  <*>  [email-masked]