Subject: Re: bug#71450: [PATCH] Wrong eww-history-position after desktop restore if within history

From: Jim Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2024 14:20:56 -0700

On 6/9/2024 5:23 AM, James Thomas via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the 
Swiss army knife of text editors wrote:
> This is a patch that I think is simple enough to forgo the extensive
> testing which it hasn't been subjected to.

Thanks for the patch.

> +          :history-position
> +          (cl-position
> +           (elt history eww-history-position)
> +           rval :test #'eww-desktop-history-duplicate))))

Two questions here:

1. Is that the right test function? I'd have expected 'eq', since we 
want to find the position where our history index has moved to, right?

2. Should this part check for 'eww-desktop-remove-duplicates' too? If 
that option is nil, I think we could avoid the 'cl-position' call. Or 
maybe lift the 'eww-desktop-remove-duplicates' call outside of the 
'list' and just construct two totally different lists in the THEN/ELSE 
blocks.