Subject: 30.0.50; list-packages and eww fail to download from internet

From: Gerard Vermeulen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2024 08:06:49 +0000

Hello,

I see in my message buffer after list-packages:

Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
error in process sentinel: Error retrieving: 
https://elpa.nongnu.org/nongnu/archive-contents "incomprehensible 
buffer" [2 times]
error in process sentinel: Error retrieving: 
https://elpa.gnu.org/devel/archive-contents "incomprehensible buffer" [2 
times]
error in process sentinel: Error retrieving: 
https://melpa.org/packages/archive-contents "incomprehensible buffer" [2 
times]
error in process sentinel: Error retrieving: 
https://stable.melpa.org/packages/archive-contents "incomprehensible 
buffer" [2 times]
Package refresh done
error in process sentinel: Error retrieving: 
https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/archive-contents "incomprehensible buffer" 
[2 times]

and after for example M-x eww https://www.masteringemacs.org:

You can run the command ‘eww’ with G
Contacting host: www.masteringemacs.org:443

and eww remains stuck (it does not download the content).

And after M-x debbugs-gnu, the message buffer says:

soap-invoke-internal: No HTTP response from server

I suspect this issue may be due to a commit after e2527dd9fd3,
because I cannot repair it by trying to revert commit e2527dd9fd3.

GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 64, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS 
appkit-2202.70 Version 11.7.1 (Build 20G918)) of 2024-06-09

Regards -- Gerard