Subject: bug#71439: 30.0.50; gnus-summary-refer-thread doesn't work

From: jao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2024 17:16:14 +0000

On Sat, Jun 08 2024, Manuel Giraud wrote:

> "Jose A. Ortega Ruiz" via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army
> knife of text editors" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> gnus-summary-refer-thread doesn't seem to work:
>>
>> - Enter a group with threads in it, with all its messages already
>>   read. Tick the first message of one of them.
>> - Reenter the group, so that only one message is shown, the ticked one
>> - Invoke gnus-summary-refer-thread (A T): gnus says that no other
>>   messages are present in the thread
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm using `gnus-summary-refer-thread' all the time and this is still
> working for me.  But I'm using mostly nnml backends.

Hi Manuel,

Thanks for the feedback. I guess then it depends on some configuration
parameter or another. Did you see the customizations I posted? Does it
differ in any way from yours?

(setq gnus-face-1 'jao-gnus-face-tree
      gnus-show-threads t
      gnus-thread-hide-subtree t
      gnus-build-sparse-threads nil
      gnus-refer-thread-use-search t
      gnus-summary-make-false-root 'adopt
      gnus-summary-gather-subject-limit nil ;; 120
      gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function #'gnus-gather-threads-by-subject
      gnus-sort-gathered-threads-function 'gnus-thread-sort-by-date
      gnus-thread-sort-functions '(gnus-thread-sort-by-date))