Subject: bug#7142: coreutils on Solaris 10(x86) 09/10

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 06:21:48 -0600

On 10/01/2010 01:22 AM, Clemens Brogi wrote:
> Hi
> you cannot compile gnu-coreutils on the latest Solaris x86 10 (09/10),

Which version of coreutils?  For example, there was a known bug where in 
2007, coreutils 6.9 used the name 'futimens' internally for a different 
purpose than what was later standardized in POSIX 2008.  But that was 
fixed a long time ago, and should not be a problem with the latest 
release of coreutils (8.5).

> since the interface of futimens has changed. it is now:
> extern int futimens(int, const struct timespec[2]);

Yes, this is the POSIX 2008 signature, and current coreutils has no 
conflicts with this signature.

> I don't know if this is an issue for gnu or oracle

Probably neither - it is more likely a case of you trying to compile the 
wrong version.

-- 
Eric Blake   [email-masked]    +1-801-349-2682
Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org