Subject: 30.0.50; vtable-current-object off by one

From: john muhl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2024 09:15:07 -0500

After updating an object, ‘vtable-current-object’ in the displayer
and formatter functions points to the object after the one that
was updated. Running the following:

  (with-current-buffer (get-buffer-create "vtable-demo")
    (require 'vtable)
    (erase-buffer)
    (make-vtable
     :columns '("Index" "Number")
     :objects `((1 ,(random)) (2 ,(random)) (3 ,(random)))
     :displayer (lambda (value &rest _)
                  ;; vtable-current-object is off by one; e.g.
                  ;; update the first row and v-c-o will be the second row;
                  ;; update the final row and v-c-o will be nil.
                  (message "%s %s" value (vtable-current-object))
                  (propertize (number-to-string value) 'face 'vtable)))
    (let* ((table (vtable-current-table))
           (first (nth 0 (vtable-objects table)))
           (other (nth 1 (vtable-objects table)))
           (final (nth 2 (vtable-objects table))))
      (setf (nth 1 first) 1)
      (setf (nth 1 other) 2)
      (setf (nth 1 final) 3)
      (vtable-update-object table first)
      (vtable-update-object table other)
      (vtable-update-object table final)))

I see in the messages buffer:

  1 (2 2) [2 times]
  2 (3 3) [2 times]
  3 nil [2 times]

when I expect to see:

  1 (1 1) [2 times]
  2 (2 2) [2 times]
  3 (3 3) [2 times]

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-05-26 built on thelio
Repository revision: f2309557ff366a81183859bda88b9a0012a5d9d6
Repository branch: main
System Description: Fedora Linux 39 (Thirty Nine)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --prefix=/home/jm/.local'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
JPEG LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/l

Minor modes in effect:
  goto-address-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-git-commit-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  checkdoc-minor-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  ruler-mode: t
  flymake-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  repeat-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  kill-ring-deindent-mode: t
  global-visual-wrap-prefix-mode: t
  visual-wrap-prefix-mode: t
  global-paren-face-mode: t
  paren-face-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  dynamic-completion-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  coterm-mode: t
  blow-mode: t
  auto-insert-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  mu4e-modeline-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  context-menu-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  auto-save-visited-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs term/xterm
xterm eglot external-completion jsonrpc ert ewoc descr-text novice
vtable package-vc calc-poly calc-arith calc-misc calc-alg
calc-aent metar calc-units calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs rect
calc-macs finder reposition cus-theme scheme csharp-mode xref
files-x two-column debug backtrace magit-subtree magit-gitignore
magit-ediff ediff ediff-merg ediff-mult ediff-wind ediff-diff
ediff-help ediff-init ediff-util goto-addr whitespace flyspell
ispell vc dabbrev magit-patch cal-coptic cal-x calculator
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew
cal-julian holidays holiday-loaddefs cal-move misc cc-bytecomp
cc-langs cl-print shortdoc help-fns radix-tree tmm misearch
multi-isearch network-stream url-http url-gw nsm url-cache
url-auth qp sort gnus-cite shr-color mm-archive mail-extr textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check css-mode sgml-mode facemenu color thai-util
thai-word display-line-numbers filecache magit-extras magit-imenu
git-rebase face-remap magit-bookmark magit-submodule
magit-obsolete magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog magit-bisect
magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs
magit-status magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log
magit-diff magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process tabify apropos sh-script smie
executable cursor-sensor oc-basic org-element org-persist org-id
org-refile avl-tree generator ol-eww eww xdg url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect ol-docview
doc-view ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi
conf-mode git-commit log-edit pcvs-util add-log magit-mode
transient edmacro kmacro magit-git magit-section magit-utils crm
dash with-editor comp comp-cstr image-mode exif pcase
emacs-news-mode dired-aux js c-ts-common treesit cc-mode cc-fonts
cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs server cus-start respect-theme unsp-theme most-faces
cl-extra jka-compr smerge-mode diff vc-git diff-mode track-changes
easy-mmode vc-dispatcher bug-reference checkdoc lisp-mnt help-mode
which-func imenu ruler-mode flymake project warnings init winner
savehist saveplace repeat minibuf-eldef midnight indent-aux
visual-wrap paren-face autorevert filenotify elec-pair completion
desktop frameset delsel coterm compat term disp-table shell ehelp
blow autoinsert blow-autoloads coterm-autoloads debbugs-autoloads
elpher-autoloads magit-autoloads git-commit-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads dash-autoloads metar-autoloads
paren-face-autoloads finder-inf unsp-autoloads
most-faces-autoloads info with-editor-autoloads xr-autoloads
package url-handlers early-init mu4e mu4e-org org ob ob-tangle
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro org-src ob-comint
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities noutline outline ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc
org-loaddefs find-func org-version org-compat org-macs format-spec
mu4e-notification notifications mu4e-main mu4e-view thingatpt
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus compile comint
ansi-osc ansi-color ring comp-run comp-common gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs mu4e-headers mu4e-compose mu4e-draft mu4e-actions
smtpmail mu4e-search mu4e-lists mu4e-bookmarks mu4e-mark
mu4e-message shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg xml dom
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util
flow-fill mule-util hl-line mu4e-contacts mu4e-update mu4e-folders
mu4e-context mu4e-query-items mu4e-server mu4e-modeline mu4e-vars
mu4e-helpers mu4e-config mu4e-window bookmark ido message sendmail
mailcap yank-media puny dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec
epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util text-property-search
time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader mu4e-obsolete rx auth-source-pass url-parse
url-vars auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
password-cache json map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile subr-x
cus-edit pp cus-load icons wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple
cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray
oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces
cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
pgtk multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 3003423 1050394) (symbols 48 71255 2209)
 (strings 32 384264 44776) (string-bytes 1 11723127)
 (vectors 16 153369) (vector-slots 8 2666912 1228221)
 (floats 8 15228 49590) (intervals 56 344023 34775) (buffers 992 89))