Subject: [bug#71408] Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2024 16:27:45 +0200

Hello,

(Cc’ing the Python team.)

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> I haven't been involved in this branch, but I'm opening the request for
> merge issue just to keep track of things.

I haven’t been involved either.  My understanding is that the main
blocker before merging is assessing the amount of breakage introduced in
this branch¹.

Right now it’s built at 89% on x86_64-linux only, which is a bit less
than on ‘master’ but there are still pending builds.  Interested readers
can browse failed builds at:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/eval/latest/dashboard?spec=python-team

(If you find builds that failed due to transient errors like the
infamous “missing derivation”, you can click on “Action -> Restart”—this
is now available in most cases without privileges.)

An important issue seems to be test failures of ‘python-responses’:

  https://ci.guix.gnu.org/build/4738398/details

Excerpt:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
=========================== short test summary info ============================
FAILED responses/tests/test_responses.py::test_auto_calculate_content_length_doesnt_override_existing_value
FAILED responses/tests/test_responses.py::TestMaxRetry::test_max_retries - Ty...
FAILED responses/tests/test_responses.py::TestMaxRetry::test_max_retries_exceed[True]
FAILED responses/tests/test_responses.py::TestMaxRetry::test_max_retries_exceed[False]
FAILED responses/tests/test_responses.py::TestMaxRetry::test_max_retries_exceed_msg
FAILED responses/tests/test_responses.py::TestMaxRetry::test_adapter_retry_untouched
============ 6 failed, 187 passed, 2 skipped, 20 warnings in 21.86s ============
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Ideas, Pythonistas?  :-)

Ludo’.

¹ https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-05/msg00227.html