Subject: Re: [bug#71408] Request for merging "python-team" branch

From: Steve George <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2024 08:25:40 +0100

On 25 Jun, Sharlatan Hellseher wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> @jgart Please let me know if you need a quick test of changes, I've got some
> computer recourses at home.
(...) 

Hi,

I started breaking the branch down into small parts. Oleg (or someone else) can you review and push them for me please?

They all build against current master (b7c94d528875415ea7ec6225d88a6b3d55fa2e14)

I pushed it to a branch (python-team-71408-pt1) here:

git clone https://git.sdf.org/futurile/guix-play/ --branch python-team-71408-pt1

Stack is: 

[email-masked]:  1ff7dfeab65c27bff1ddd0694b5c16c648a0cd0b
[email-masked]:  93d627adccf07e57a36a8b0a5ad6ba3878814820
[email-masked]  126d3223f4687c8319fc386481714c5c17227c42
[email-masked]  175eea0d091d80f36a468c2154196a79c7d83148
Add setuptools/wheels to packages  549efcb63714a8715a81e3944de94e7a7d337d7d
[email-masked] fd577e065c48c06083b8e1eeebc6cc86a7238ffb
  - please look at this one as I had to adjust the tests a lot
  - might be a mistake 
[email-masked]  160f89e8a18c0bf21b232df2d10ff725068a54b2
[email-masked]  717ba970f2924c41a315c8bdc7994fbbba98475a
[email-masked]  f5fa5f549cd88c5b31262e30bf90f426b89793f4
[email-masked]  839057dcfed27a109d3c9daadf320d3a7bff2ae6
[email-masked]  406e3b159cccb7a79370205767e55e5c27a395df
  - requires python-trailets to work
python-nbconvert  569256f3e6b7e5bcca891123039db3a26c23b0ce
[email-masked]   59ee791c6223761dd467642a0236c6a99200e32d
[email-masked]  99e8317bce68fd001f1a20980d8489d7b027be60
[email-masked]  a7ee6d91c81a1b9144811b175aad0e758a9fb03c
python-argcomplete  1b588a1baf5d78713d35fd074c4792c972164f95
  - fix-up of earlier commit
python-pynacl  7d11cf28bbc6158b971bedb03fa77e3d7cf41940
python-pytest-arraydiff  86144159f36602f17b5808a2276f6fd23fcd7db9
python-itemloaders  b548cfd67124fcc75d2f0f4f19d1ebbc3e1ad884 
python-misteltoe  25d27be8a937d4fef31af8c5ca87286fa8599485
python-vine  484ad0ee5f3e3a77454aa816585e527b70b41a09
python-joblib  2499d3143cae865839231113012642a60272c2a8

Not working for me - would love help with:

- meson-python  86631897caa19606c407729818c21229f44ed947
    - failing for me on master and this fails

- [email-masked]  b8e3e0e4d42cdaf9b48aecb0e0660493fa4f8b1b
    - it needed python-nbconvert.
    - still fails but now on a bunch of API tests
    - hmm python-ipython master is failing to build for me

- [email-masked]  d3604f1c9898e79d9d6c5cad06bb06358f78a25f
    - needs python-rich

- python-myst-parser ab9c7c535403b7e813a44e56d8cce63afd5b8588
   - it fails test_basic.py - needs a python build system change from earlier?

- python-lightning-cloud  2ef5b0b85bba0cda2be8f0b6ab6146e9bc194922
    - fails due to python-rich failing

- [email-masked]  fa6755520c8e09969aef693b0ab884deac6a0343
    - fails - unclear why

- [email-masked]  082a2d43a8b850e73e07d07a61f70cae3a3a0428
    - requires python-rapid-fuzz

- python-packaging-bootstrap  39fc22f3dccc1f34c83c7469ded91bcd5d32d35d
    - fails - complains about a dependency cycle

- python-pycurl  94f54d29eb104d750d6d77b93d9e00e8f0937350
  - fails a test

Python build system changes - not cherry-picked: 

- 2a06463c6ad41b2d37285988f05e9d7b5fad2d32
- 4ce43dd688dc0d6471ce9b2ed10732e235a5f12c
- fb70a545ad2b494f39ae7d22e205759702006e10
- d383150bd9ded7cc2f1b976ae4a833d6b05924f5
- 0a20b52b44600fed9948865ae45a06a52b8386b8
- cb5f963e7a270a973bcb1850136df2e358a0e75a
- a688230bc25dea5b3c0ff1f1de80dc02e6afd80b
- ee1cacdda4627798930a1ffe8eb4030b940b4030
- c955dd1e732c7abee0a8a598e57f11e564735383
- 6c2090169ba9495deb15734227925b8faf9bbca9
- a436de1fb9dd063f3c61aa5b36fe4e31cbef9048
- fd577e065c48c06083b8e1eeebc6cc86a7238ffb
- df580a54f49ddc5d7aa99992916f4537f48df48d

Thanks,

Futurile / Steve