Subject: bug#7140: closed (Re: bug#7140: Browsing with gnus doesn't show moderation status)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 14:43:02 +0000

Your bug report

#7140: Browsing with gnus doesn't show moderation status

which was filed against the emacs,gnus package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
7140: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=7140
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#7140: Browsing with gnus doesn't show moderation status
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
To: Esa Peuha <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 16:32:40 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Esa Peuha <[email-masked]> writes:

> When browsing a foreign nntp server, gnus doesn't show the moderation
> status of groups. I think this should be changed, because knowing if
> a group is moderated is useful, and as the status flag is unavoidably
> part of a group's line in the active file, showing it should have
> only a negligible impact on performance.

Displaying it would have little performance impact, but I don't really
think that this is information that's all that interesting to have in
that context.  It would just clutter the display up, especially on
private news servers where many (or most) groups are moderated, which is
somewhat popular.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  [email-masked] * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

Subject: Browsing with gnus doesn't show moderation status
From: Esa Peuha <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 01:50:25 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When browsing a foreign nntp server, gnus doesn't show the moderation status
of groups. I think this should be changed, because knowing if a group is
moderated is useful, and as the status flag is unavoidably part of a group's
line in the active file, showing it should have only a negligible impact on
performance.