Subject: 29.3; Eglot stopped returning completions for dart-mode

From: Randy Burrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2024 00:38:16 -0500

In GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2024-03-24 built on
armbob.lan
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.2487
System Description: macOS 14.5

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
-DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
 value of $LC_COLLATE: en_US.UTF-8
 value of $LC_MESSAGES: en_US.UTF-8
 value of $LC_MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
 value of $LC_NUMERIC: en_US.UTF-8
 value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
 value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
 locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
 tooltip-mode: t
 global-eldoc-mode: t
 show-paren-mode: t
 electric-indent-mode: t
 mouse-wheel-mode: t
 tool-bar-mode: t
 menu-bar-mode: t
 file-name-shadow-mode: t
 global-font-lock-mode: t
 blink-cursor-mode: t
 buffer-read-only: t
 line-number-mode: t
 indent-tabs-mode: t
 transient-mark-mode: t
 auto-composition-mode: t
 auto-encryption-mode: t
 auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/randyburrell/.emacs.d/elpa/jsonrpc-1.0.25/jsonrpc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/jsonrpc
/Users/randyburrell/.emacs.d/elpa/eglot-1.17/eglot hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/eglot
/Users/randyburrell/.emacs.d/elpa/eldoc-1.15.0/eldoc hides /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util
mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date cl-extra eglot external-completion
jsonrpc xref flymake-proc flymake thingatpt project diff ert pp ewoc
debug backtrace help-mode find-func filenotify warnings icons compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring pcase imenu vc-git
diff-mode easy-mmode vc-dispatcher dart-mode finder-inf
consult-eglot-autoloads consult-autoloads corfu-terminal-autoloads
corfu-autoloads compat-autoloads dart-mode-autoloads eglot-autoloads
eldoc-autoloads flutter-autoloads jsonrpc-autoloads info
orderless-autoloads popon-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/ns-win ns-win
ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 297409 9536)
(symbols 48 17763 0)
(strings 32 102305 2785)
(string-bytes 1 2559906)
(vectors 16 30106)
(vector-slots 8 438788 19952)
(floats 8 201 80)
(intervals 56 842 0)
(buffers 984 15))

I find that completions no longer work for dart-mode while using
eglot. I have been trying consistently for the past 2 weeks to have
completions activated in dart-mode again.

I have included a video here https://share.cleanshot.com/4HfXLRXj.

There is also a discussions surrounding this problem here https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot/discussions/1405#discussioncomment-9685375.