Subject: bug#71386: 29.1; Frame is auto-deleted even when it has multiple tabs

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2025 09:59:04 +0200

> I'm not using the display actions in my configuration and I don't invoke
 > the tab-bar functions that use it.
 >
 > I have two tabs on a newly opened frame.  Both tabs have only one window.
 > If I'm on tab 2, and I eval (kill-buffer), the frame disappears.
 >
 >  From inside window-deletable-p: tab-bar-mode=t #tabs=2 quit-restore
 > parameter=nil window-dedicated-p=nil frame-root-window=t

Can you give us a sequence of function calls that implement the behavior
you sketch here.  From the text above I don't even understand whether
this is about tab-bars or tab-lines.  Among others we need to know
whether the window showing the buffer to be killed is dedicated to it
and what the value of 'kill-buffer-quit-windows' is.  If the latter is
non-nil, Emacs will try to call 'quit-restore-window' for any window
showing that buffer and that function expects a 'quit-restore' parameter
for that window.

Thanks, martin