Subject: Re: bug#71379: 29.3; Elisp compiler: warnings for formats given insufficiently many arguments

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2024 07:38:53 +0300

> From: Mattias Engdegård <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2024 21:20:53 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked],
>  [email-masked]
> 
> 5 juni 2024 kl. 19.48 skrev Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>:
> 
> > Thanks, I'd like to see the changes before making up my mind about
> > that.  The problem is definitely not serious, so the fix should be
> > safe enough to qualify.
> 
> Sorry, meant to attach the patch.

On second thought, this is still fine to go in now, but I wonder
whether we should move these to the places where the corresponding
functions are defined, and leave in bytecomp.c only those which are
primitives defined in C?  That would mean 'warn' and 'user-error'
should be moved to their respective Lisp files.  WDYT?