Subject: [bug#71371] [PATCH] gnu: svn-fetch: Make revision field optional.

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2024 18:32:57 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

On Wed, 05 Jun 2024 at 07:52, Nicolas Goaziou via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> wrote:
> * guix/svn-download.scm (<svn-reference>): Set default value for REVISION
> field to #F.
> (svn-fetch):
> (svn-multi-fetch): Take into consideration the revision can be a number or #F.
> * guix/build/svn.scm (svn-fetch): Skip "-r" argument when revision is #F.
> * doc/guix.texi (origin Reference): Document changes about REVISION field.

Does it make sense to have a Subversion reference without any specific
revision?

> -                                (string->number (getenv "svn revision"))
> +                                (match (getenv "svn revision")
> +                                  ("#f" #f)
> +                                  (s (string->number s)))

[...]

> -                                   (string->number (getenv "svn revision"))
> +                                   (match (getenv "svn revision")
> +                                     ("#f" #f)
> +                                     (s (string-to-number s)))

I am probably missing something, why ’string-to-number’ and not
’string->number’?

Cheers,
simon