Subject: bug#71370: 30.0.50; Please un-obsolete buffer-substring as a generalized variable

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2024 08:39:14 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Do note that the original reason of obsoletion was different:
> ...
> Commit log messages are not a legal document, so treating them as if
> they were the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth is not
> TRT.

I am not saying that commit message is the full truth.
But I did not find any other relevant discussion about
`buffer-substring' on the mailing list. (And commit message did not
contain any reference to such discussion)

So, I simply used information that was available to me to check
Michaels' claim.

If you have a link to the discussion leading to obsolete of
`buffer-substring', feel free to share it.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>