Subject: bug#71363: 14.0.5; AUCTeX 14.05 and LaTeX Mode

From: Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2024 17:28:06 +0900

>>>>> Paul Nelson <[email-masked]> writes:
> I checked that Ikumi's suggestion addresses the issue (more correctly
> than my own workaround), but feel that AUCTeX should do something like
> this by default, like it did (incidentally, via mode aliasing) until
> the recent update.  I'm not sure how best to do that.  I guess one
> could just stick Ikumi's with-eval-after-load block somewhere in
> tex.el, but that goes against the general advice of avoiding
> with-eval-after-load in package files?

I don't feel that it's bad to use `with-eval-after-load' in this
context. On the other hand, it wouldn't be nice for a package to alter
user customize option unconditionally in general.
But in my opinion, this case wouldn't cause a problem practically, and I
understand that users want compatibility with former AUCTeX version. So
I don't object strongly to adding such `with-eval-after-load' in, say,
tex-site.el.

Is there anyone who is against this idea?

Regards,
Ikumi Keita
#StandWithUkraine #StopWarInUkraine
#Gaza #StopMassiveKilling #CeasefireNOW