Subject: bug#71363: 14.0.5; AUCTeX 14.05 and LaTeX Mode

From: Paul Nelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2024 23:43:26 +0200

On Sat, Jun 29, 2024 at 10:31 PM Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Ikumi Keita <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I'm afraid that isn't a suuposed way to call a major function in emacs.
> > The doc string of `org-edit-special' says:
> > ,----
> > | The LaTeX environment is copied into a new buffer.  Major mode is
> > | set to the one associated to "latex" in ‘org-src-lang-modes’,
> > | or to ‘latex-mode’ if there is none.
> > `----
> > Thus I expect
> > (with-eval-after-load 'org-src
> >   (push '("latex" . LaTeX) org-src-lang-modes))
> > in your init file does the job. (Maybe you have also to put
> >   (setcdr (assoc "beamer" org-src-lang-modes) 'LaTeX)
> > in the `with-eval-after-load' form if you have beamer src block in your
> > org file.)
>
> Ping!  Any updates on this?
>
> Best, Arash

I checked that Ikumi's suggestion addresses the issue (more correctly
than my own workaround), but feel that AUCTeX should do something like
this by default, like it did (incidentally, via mode aliasing) until
the recent update.  I'm not sure how best to do that.  I guess one
could just stick Ikumi's with-eval-after-load block somewhere in
tex.el, but that goes against the general advice of avoiding
with-eval-after-load in package files?