Subject: 30.0.50; PGTK build breaks some default keybindings

From: Spencer Bronson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2024 14:19:44 -0700

Emacs describes some keys differently when built --with-pgtk, breaking
some default keybindings.

When built with default configuration:
 1. emacs -Q
 2. C-h k
 3. (I press the key that produces keycode 159)
Result: "<XF86Forward> runs the command next-buffer" etc.

When built "--with-pgtk":
 1. emacs -Q
 2. C-h k
 3. (I press the key that produces keycode 159)
Result: "<Forward> is undefined"

I don't know how many keys this affects; media keys like
"<AudioNext>"/"<XF86AudioNext>" and function keys like
"<ScreenSaver>"/"<XF86ScreenSaver>" are affected as well, breaking
customizations that rely on naming those keys with kbd.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2024-06-01 built on mnemosyne
Repository revision: 9a2088bdd928b384beca3c95c2719843f74924a0
Repository branch: master
System Description: Fedora Linux 39 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --with-mailutils --with-imagemagick'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Buffer Menu

Minor modes in effect:
  header-line-indent-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(smtpmail mule-util display-line-numbers mailalias mailclient textsec
uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable textsec-check
ispell cl-extra shortdoc help-fns radix-tree thingatpt help-mode pp
shadow sort mail-extr compile comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring comp-run
comp-common rx emacsbug cursor-sensor utf-7 nndoc nndraft nnmh nnfolder
epa-file network-stream nsm gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls
dig nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku url-file svg dom
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml gnus-cloud nnimap
nnmail browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons json map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601
gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail mailcap yank-media puny
dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
nnheader gnus-util text-property-search time-date subr-x mail-utils
range mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit misearch multi-isearch vc-git
diff-mode track-changes easy-mmode vc-dispatcher cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 449566 65408) (symbols 48 16070 6) (strings 32 66615 3910)
 (string-bytes 1 1796725) (vectors 16 49506)
 (vector-slots 8 639154 62863) (floats 8 316 314)
 (intervals 56 1992 433) (buffers 992 26))