Subject: bug#71313: [PATCH] Allow insert other elisp keywords in auto-insert

From: Elijah G <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2024 23:10:54 -0600

El mié., 5 de junio de 2024 5:32 a. m., Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
escribió:

> > From: "Elijah G." <[email-masked]>
> > Cc: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> > Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2024 18:54:19 -0600
> >
> > Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> >
> > > Thanks, but how will an empty string "fix bugs from 3rd-party
> > > completion UI"?  What am I missing here?
> >
> > When using Completions UI such as Vertico or Helm, there is no way to
> > exit from Keyword Section to go to next auto-insert Sections unless the
> > user press a key sequense, for auto-insert input a empty string allow
> > close Keyword section without cancelling the next auto-insert actions.
>
> But why would the user want to exit the Keyword Section without
> inputting keywords?  And why are Vertico and Helm special in this
> regard?
>

I didn't mean to exit without input any keyword, after inserting the
keyword it will ask again for add more keywords, the problem is that It's
an infinite loop that it's not possible exit without pressing any
keybinding for insert an empty string (e.g. M-RET in Vertico), AFAIK
Vertico (and helm according to some commentaries) have this problem because
they use strictly the completing-read completion table for their candidates
when require-match is non-nil, the patch can be applied since it is just a
little change without any side-effect.

I think i will need to change the commit message for the patch, because it
can misunderstand.