Subject: Re: bug#71300: [PATCH v4] doc: Document SRFI 64.

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2024 14:30:16 +0200

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> This is an import of the 'Abstract', 'Rationale', and 'Specification'
> sections from the upstream specification text, with some manual
> adjustment.
>
> * doc/ref/srfi-modules.texi (SRFI 64): New subsection.

I think important question to ask here is whether this manual section
documents SRFI-64 or what Guile ships as SRFI-64.  Current
implementation shipped by Guile has many quirks that do not conform to
the specification.

> +@c This SRFI 64 documentation was "snarfed" from upstream specification
> +@c HTML document using the 'snarfi' script.

Based on this I believe it describes the specification.

I think either of those is fine (albeit describing the Guile's flavor
would be preferred), but is should be stated (that the behavior
described by the manual does not match the implementation shipped).

Have a nice day,
Tomas

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.