Subject: Re: bug#7130: 24.0.50; EPA queries twice and doesn't cache passwords when decrypting files

From: Daiki Ueno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 10:58:04 +0900

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

> Nay, I was wrong.  The gpg-agent (gnupg2) caching doesn't work for me,
> too.

Perhaps gpg-agent is not running on your X session at all?  Check:

$ pgrep gpg-agent
2828
$ echo $GPG_AGENT_INFO
/tmp/gpg-Yy9vVW/S.gpg-agent:2828:1

If gpg-agent is not running in background, gpg2 will invoke gpg-agent
and kill it each time so gpg2 processes cannot share password cache per
session.

> Do I have to start gpg-agent with a special option or edit my
> ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf?

To set up gpg-agent, see "(gnupg) Invoking GPG-AGENT".  BTW, on Debian,
gpg-agent will start automatically if you have "use-agent" in
~/.gnupg/gpg.conf (see /etc/X11/Xsession.d/*gpg-agent*).

Regards,
-- 
Daiki Ueno