Subject: bug#71293: closed (Re: bug#71293: 29.3; indentation issue for Python mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2024 12:01:02 +0000

Your bug report

#71293: 29.3; indentation issue for Python mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
71293: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=71293
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#71293: 29.3; indentation issue for Python mode
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, Fabrice Salvaire <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2024 11:59:22 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 18:57:03 +0200
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> From: Fabrice Salvaire <[email-masked]>
>>
>>
>> I think this is already fixed on the master branch.  Can you try it?
>>
>> Can I just try a more recent python.el ?
>>
>> I am using Fedora 39 Emacs 29.3
>
> I meant for you to build the master branch of the Emacs Git repository
> (or use a snapshot if your distro provides that).

I can't reproduce this on master, and there has been no further
correspondence within 4 months.

If you can still reproduce this in the Emacs 30 pretest version, please
reply to this email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can
reopen the bug report.

Subject: 29.3; indentation issue for Python mode
From: Fabrice Salvaire <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 16:52:26 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I observed many times indentation issues for modern Python 3.

For examples:
```
class Foo:
def __init__(self, ...):
self.foo = ... # TAB won't indent to pos+4
```

A workaround is sometimes to close and reopen the file.
Thus I suspect a wrong state.
But I don't found any explanation.

I am using Python mode with treesitter enabled but I think it is not yet 
used for indentation ???

---
In GNU Emacs 29.3 (build 1, x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 
3.24.41, cairo version 1.18.0) of
2024-03-25 built on 8d1efaa99cf549ff83f11657c3f4678a
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12302006
System Description: Fedora Linux 39 (Workstation Edition)

Configured using:
'configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 
--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix=
--disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr 
--bindir=/usr/bin
--sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share 
--includedir=/usr/include
--libdir=/usr/lib64 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var 
--runstatedir=/run
--sharedstatedir=/var/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man 
--infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif
--with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm 
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=no
--with-xwidgets --with-modules --with-harfbuzz --with-cairo --with-json
--with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter --with-sqlite3 
--with-webp --with-xinput2
build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 
CC=gcc
'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions 
-g -grecord-gcc-switches
-pipe -Wall -Werror=format-security 
-Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3
-Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS -specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 
-fstack-protector-strong
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic 
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables
-fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer 
-mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer '
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro 
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=:/usr/lib64/pkgconfig:/usr/share/pkgconfig CXX=g++
'CXXFLAGS=-O2 -flto=auto -ffat-lto-objects -fexceptions -g 
-grecord-gcc-switches -pipe -Wall
-Werror=format-security -Wp,-U_FORTIFY_SOURCE,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 
-Wp,-D_GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-hardened-cc1 -fstack-protector-strong
-specs=/usr/lib/rpm/redhat/redhat-annobin-cc1 -m64 -mtune=generic 
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables
-fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer 
-mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer ''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG JSON 
LIBOTF LIBSELINUX
LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER 
PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND
SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM 
XINPUT2 XPM XWIDGETS GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: fr_FR.utf8
value of $LANG: fr_FR.utf8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
global-flycheck-eglot-mode: t
flycheck-eglot-mode: t
eglot--managed-mode: t
treemacs-icons-dired-mode: t
treemacs-filewatch-mode: t
treemacs-follow-mode: t
treemacs-hide-gitignored-files-mode: t
treemacs-git-mode: t
treemacs-fringe-indicator-mode: always
shell-dirtrack-mode: t
flycheck-color-mode-line-mode: t
whitespace-mode: t
highlight-indent-guides-mode: t
doom-modeline-mode: t
server-mode: t
global-git-gutter-mode: t
git-gutter-mode: t
flycheck-pos-tip-mode: t
yas-global-mode: t
yas-minor-mode: t
global-corfu-mode: t
corfu-mode: t
global-treesit-auto-mode: t
global-flycheck-mode: t
flycheck-mode: t
flyspell-lazy-mode: t
undo-fu-session-global-mode: t
undo-fu-session-mode: t
which-key-mode: t
ivy-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
eldoc-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
column-number-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/.../.config/emacs/checkout/highlight-indent-guides/highlight-indent-guides 
hides 
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/highlight-indent-guides-20200820.2328/highlight-indent-guides
/home/.../.config/emacs/emacs.d/tree-sitter hides 
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/tree-sitter-20220212.1632/tree-sitter
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/auctex-14.0.4/tex-site hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tex-site
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/cmake-mode-20240412.1329/cmake-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/auctex-14.0.4/auctex hides 
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/auctex
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/transient-20240415.1548/transient hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/transient
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/jsonrpc-1.0.25/jsonrpc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/jsonrpc
/home/.../.config/emacs/emacs.d/frame hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/frame
/home/.../.config/emacs/emacs.d/completion hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/completion
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-ensure 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-lint 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-delight 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-diminish 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/bind-key-20230203.2004/bind-key hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/bind-key
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-bind-key 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-core 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/use-package-20230426.2324/use-package-jump 
hides /usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/csharp-mode-20221126.2005/csharp-mode hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/progmodes/csharp-mode
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/eglot-1.17/eglot hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/progmodes/eglot
/home/.../.config/emacs/elpa/eldoc-1.15.0/eldoc hides 
/usr/share/emacs/29.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/eldoc

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec epa epg 
rfc6068 epg-config mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader 
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums view treemacs-bookmarks treemacs-tags bookmark shortdoc 
smerge-mode help-fns radix-tree
smex ido mule-util dabbrev yank-media markdown-mode edit-indirect 
noutline outline jka-compr vc-git
vc-dispatcher flycheck-eglot eglot external-completion jsonrpc 
flymake-proc flymake diff ert pp ewoc
debug backtrace dired-aux diredfl treemacs-icons-dired treemacs 
treemacs-header-line
treemacs-compatibility treemacs-mode treemacs-interface 
treemacs-persistence treemacs-filewatch-mode
filenotify treemacs-follow-mode treemacs-rendering treemacs-annotations 
treemacs-async
treemacs-workspaces treemacs-dom treemacs-visuals 
treemacs-fringe-indicator treemacs-faces
treemacs-icons treemacs-scope treemacs-themes treemacs-core-utils 
pfuture inline hl-line ht
treemacs-logging treemacs-customization treemacs-macros ffap tramp 
tramp-loaddefs trampver
tramp-integration tramp-compat shell pcomplete parse-time iso8601 
counsel dired-x dired
dired-loaddefs compile swiper pulse flycheck-color-mode-line face-remap 
whitespace
highlight-indent-guides doom-modeline doom-modeline-segments 
doom-modeline-env doom-modeline-core
shrink-path f s dash nerd-icons nerd-icons-faces nerd-icons-data 
nerd-icons-data-mdicon
nerd-icons-data-flicon nerd-icons-data-codicon nerd-icons-data-devicon 
nerd-icons-data-sucicon
nerd-icons-data-wicon nerd-icons-data-faicon nerd-icons-data-powerline 
nerd-icons-data-octicon
nerd-icons-data-pomicon nerd-icons-data-ipsicon server two-column 
git-gutter flycheck-pos-tip
pos-tip astro-ts-mode css-mode smie eww xdg url-queue shr pixel-fill 
kinsoku url-file svg puny
mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util text-property-search time-date mail-utils 
range mm-util mail-prsvr
typescript-ts-mode rjsx-mode js2-mode etags fileloop js c-ts-common 
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds imenu finder-inf pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt 
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg
esh-module esh-groups esh-util cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars 
cc-defs qmake-mode yasnippet
corfu combobulate combobulate-json combobulate-yaml combobulate-css 
combobulate-js-ts
combobulate-python combobulate-html combobulate-query derived savehist 
xref files-x scheme
combobulate-ui transient format-spec combobulate-display 
combobulate-ztree combobulate-contrib
combobulate-envelope combobulate-manipulation python project compat 
comint ansi-osc
combobulate-navigation combobulate-misc combobulate-interface generator 
combobulate-rules
combobulate-settings diff-mode tempo treesit-auto treesit 
flycheck-languagetool flycheck ansi-color
find-func edmacro kmacro flyspell-lazy flyspell ispell undo-fu 
undo-fu-session column-marker
multiple-cursors mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode 
mc-mark-pop mc-edit-lines
mc-hide-unmatched-lines-mode mc-mark-more sgml-mode facemenu dom 
thingatpt mc-cycle-cursors
multiple-cursors-core advice comp comp-cstr warnings icons rect 
which-key ivy delsel ring ivy-faces
ivy-overlay colir color recentf tree-widget wid-edit all-the-icons 
all-the-icons-faces data-material
data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons data-faicons 
data-alltheicons fabrice-dark-theme
cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight 
use-package-diminish
use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode use-package-core preview-latex 
clang-rename
clang-include-fixer let-alist clang-format xml auctex 
astro-ts-mode-autoloads async-autoloads
auto-complete-autoloads cmake-mode-autoloads auctex-autoloads tex-site 
company-box-autoloads
company-autoloads corfu-autoloads counsel-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads 
dap-mode-autoloads
diredfl-autoloads dockerfile-mode-autoloads doom-modeline-autoloads 
anaphora-autoloads
exec-path-from-shell-autoloads flycheck-eglot-autoloads eglot-autoloads 
flycheck-autoloads
gcmh-autoloads ghub-autoloads git-gutter-autoloads 
graphql-mode-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
helpful-autoloads elisp-refs-autoloads impatient-showdown-autoloads 
impatient-mode-autoloads
htmlize-autoloads json-mode-autoloads jsonrpc-autoloads 
live-py-mode-autoloads lsp-docker-autoloads
lsp-latex-autoloads consult-autoloads lsp-treemacs-autoloads 
lsp-ui-autoloads lsp-mode-autoloads
eldoc-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads nerd-icons-autoloads 
nginx-mode-autoloads
numpydoc-autoloads php-mode-autoloads poly-markdown-autoloads 
markdown-mode-autoloads
pos-tip-autoloads protobuf-mode-autoloads pyimport-autoloads 
python-docstring-autoloads
python-insert-docstring-autoloads f-autoloads smartparens-autoloads 
sphinx-doc-autoloads
swift-mode-autoloads swiper-autoloads ivy-autoloads rx tempel-autoloads 
tree-sitter-langs-autoloads
treemacs-all-the-icons-autoloads treemacs-evil-autoloads evil-autoloads 
goto-chg-autoloads
treemacs-icons-dired-autoloads treemacs-magit-autoloads magit-autoloads 
pcase
magit-section-autoloads git-commit-autoloads transient-autoloads 
treemacs-persp-autoloads
treemacs-projectile-autoloads projectile-autoloads 
treemacs-tab-bar-autoloads treemacs-autoloads
posframe-autoloads dash-autoloads treesit-auto-autoloads 
typescript-mode-autoloads undo-fu-autoloads
undo-fu-session-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads mmm-mode-autoloads 
web-mode-autoloads
which-key-autoloads with-editor-autoloads info compat-autoloads 
ws-butler-autoloads
xterm-color-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads 
zettelkasten-autoloads package
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history 
url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse 
auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp 
byte-compile url-vars
cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric 
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd 
tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode 
prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar 
mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple 
cl-generic indonesian
philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai 
tai-viet lao korean japanese
eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic 
indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook 
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray
oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face 
macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule 
custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads xwidget-internal dbusbind 
inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit 
xinput2 x multi-tty
make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1147620 125902)
(symbols 48 41533 3)
(strings 32 191964 10621)
(string-bytes 1 6293942)
(vectors 16 80207)
(vector-slots 8 2129282 168825)
(floats 8 1126 738)
(intervals 56 51981 11176)
(buffers 984 34))