Subject: Re: bug#71292: 30.0.50; macOS: .elns have no debug info

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2024 09:36:25 +0300

> From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2024 08:15:39 +0200
> 
> When debugging a native-compiled function (speed = 1) an macOS/arm64, I
> find that the debug info that libgccjit 14.1 generates is apparently
> incorrect.
> 
> For example, I see car_safe being called with some argument, but when I
> look in the caller in the generated C file and print what it purportedly
> passes as an argumebnt, it's something completely different.

This should be reported to the GCC and libgccjit folks.  The most
probable cause is incorrect DWARF debug info emitted by the compiler.
Alternatively, it could be that LLDB interprets the debug info
incorrectly.  I sometimes see similar problems when debugging Emacs,
especially in optimized versions: arguments in function calls are
shown in reverse order, which of course is bogus, since the code
works as expected.