Subject: bug#71286: build of /gnu/store/xjfs44qvk7rry6nbrbrd18irxdiycs2f-python-matplotlib-3.8.2.drv failed

From: francismb <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 10:33:22 +0200

Dear Maintainers,
guix upgrade failed with:

[...]
building 
/gnu/store/xjfs44qvk7rry6nbrbrd18irxdiycs2f-python-matplotlib-3.8.2.drv...
100% 'check' 
▕███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▏builder 
for 
`/gnu/store/xjfs44qvk7rry6nbrbrd18irxdiycs2f-python-matplotlib-3.8.2.drv' 
failed with exit code 1
build of 
/gnu/store/xjfs44qvk7rry6nbrbrd18irxdiycs2f-python-matplotlib-3.8.2.drv 
failed
View build log at 
'/var/log/guix/drvs/xj/fs44qvk7rry6nbrbrd18irxdiycs2f-python-matplotlib-3.8.2.drv.bz2'.
guix upgrade: error: build of 
`/gnu/store/xjfs44qvk7rry6nbrbrd18irxdiycs2f-python-matplotlib-3.8.2.drv' 
failed
[...]

=================================== FAILURES 
===================================
_________________________ test_warn_big_data_best_loc 
__________________________
[gw13] linux -- Python 3.10.7 
/gnu/store/jh59fh48mcffyz5wmsjj0p96xkkflbz0-python-wrapper-3.10.7/bin/python

     def test_warn_big_data_best_loc():
         fig, ax = plt.subplots()
         fig.canvas.draw()  # So that we can call draw_artist later.
         for idx in range(1000):
             ax.plot(np.arange(5000), label=idx)
         with rc_context({'legend.loc': 'best'}):
             legend = ax.legend()
         with pytest.warns(UserWarning) as records:
             fig.draw_artist(legend)  # Don't bother drawing the lines 
-- it's slow.
         # The _find_best_position method of Legend is called twice, 
duplicating
         # the warning message.
 >       assert len(records) == 2
E       assert 1 == 2
E        +  where 1 = len(WarningsChecker(record=True))

/gnu/store/1ngk3nn61g4p64ym7p5fd3nkgrig5iba-python-matplotlib-3.8.2/lib/python3.10/site-packages/matplotlib/tests/test_legend.py:1146: 
AssertionError
=========================== short test summary info 
============================
FAILED tests/test_legend.py::test_warn_big_data_best_loc - assert 1 == 2
=========== 1 failed, 5622 passed, 2644 skipped, 9 xfailed in 30.86s 
===========
error: in phase 'check': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "pytest" arguments: ("-n" "16" 
"--pyargs" "matplotlib" "-m" "not network" "-k" "not 
test_figure_legend_outside and not test_lazy_auto_backend_selection") 
exit-status: 1 term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `check' failed after 31.1 seconds
command "pytest" "-n" "16" "--pyargs" "matplotlib" "-m" "not network" 
"-k" "not test_figure_legend_outside and not 
test_lazy_auto_backend_selection" failed with status 1

$ guix describe
Generation 114	Mai 31 2024 10:14:09	(current)
   guix 01de171
     repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
     branch: master
     commit: 01de17143c4830926af6f00f5233d1ba32d7038d

I hope it helps and thanks in advance
Francis