Subject: bug#71282: 30.0.50; hl-line overlay priority has no affect

From: Mohsin Kaleem <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2024 13:35:52 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>> 
>> Then if that mechanism doesn't require anything specific of package X or
>> Y, it should be possible to condense in a function (that shouldn't live in
>> Eglot, but OK it it starts life there, I guess) that takes a face with
>> a number of
>> attributes,merges with whatever is "the face of the buffer text" and return
>> an (anonymous) face.  If so, then that "mistery" function is the fix
>> to this issue.
>
> Patches welcome.

Any tips or suggestions for where to start if one wants to implement
something like this? I'll try taking a look at some of the related code
and how to get some kind of merging setup. Probably not very soon tho
XD.

In the meantime could this issue ticket be re-opened? I think it was
closed as resolved but I think it's still a problem with the way
annotations are setup in Emacs.

-- 
Mohsin Kaleem