Subject: RE: bug#7126: 24.0.50; [PATCH] `dired-goto-file' fails when `dired' is passed a cons withabsolutefile names

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 09:23:50 -0800

> I think the attached patch takes care of it.
> But it would be good if others also tested it.

ping.  The bug is still there.

Tested again with emacs -Q:

In GNU Emacs 24.0.94.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2012-02-26 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.6) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.8/src
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1/include
 -ID:/devel/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.0.9/include' 

The patch I sent 1 1/2 years ago would now need to be updated per the
introduction of `dired-switches-escape-p'.  IOW, the same use of that function
in the current save-excursion probably needs to also be added to the preliminary
save-excursion in the patch.

In any case - regardless of the patch, there has been NO response to this bug.