Subject: 24.0.50; (emacs)Subdirectories in Dired - incorrect doc

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:27:55 -0700 (PDT)

Node (emacs)Subdirectories in Dired says this, which is incorrect:
 
"Use `C-u k' on the subdirectory header line
to delete the subdirectory (*note Dired Updating::)."
 
It should say that `C-u k' on a subdirectory header line removes the
subdirectory listing.  It does NOT DELETE the subdirectory itself 
(thank goodness).
 
Also, it needs to say more than this. It should distinguish the `C-u k'
behavior on a subdirectory line in the main dir listing from its
behavior on the subdir header line of its own listing.  Both behaviors
need to be described. 

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2010-09-20 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.4) --no-opt --cflags
-Ic:/imagesupport/include'