Subject: Re: bug#71235: Failing test on macOS: tramp-test17-dired-with-wildcards

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2024 15:14:34 +0200

Version: 30.1

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Stefan,

>>>     (executable-find "gls")
>>>     => "/opt/homebrew/bin/gls"
>>
>> Hmm. Should we add "/opt/homebrew/bin" to the default
>> tramp-remote-path? It looks very special, even on macOS.
>>
>> OTOH, we have directories like "/local/freeware/bin", "/local/gnu/bin",
>> "/usr/freeware/bin", "/usr/pkg/bin", "/usr/contrib/bin", "/opt/bin",
>> "/opt/sbin" and "/opt/local/bin" there, which are also special.
>
> AFAIK, this is the default location where Homebrew (https://brew.sh/)
> puts binaries, at least on new installations.  (The Homebrew directory
> structure has changed slightly over the years, but I don't know if this
> is one of them since I only noticed it those changes passing.)

Finally, I have done both: Adding "/opt/homebrew/bin" to
tramp-remote-path, and applying the patch to dired-insert-directory I've
shown the other message.

Pushed to master, and closing the bug.

Best regards, Michael.